How do I silently install Intellipoint 4.12?

Sgt_Strider

I tried doing a search and there were links pointing out that I must download the OEM intellipoint driver in order to silently install it. However the links are no longer active and I was wondering if someone can point me to a site or place to download it and give me a little instruction? Thx

Extract the drivers, then in directory where is IP4_1.msi package run this:

start MSIEXEC.EXE /i "IP4_1.msi" MM="MM" REBOOT="ReallySuppress" /q

Rename IP4_1.msi into the file you find similiar.

Extract the drivers, then in directory where is IP4_1.msi package run this:

start MSIEXEC.EXE /i "IP4_1.msi" MM="MM" REBOOT="ReallySuppress" /q

Rename IP4_1.msi into the file you find similiar.

Sorry, but I'm kinda confuse in your description. Can you be a bit more specific? I extract the drivers and how does that command come into play?

msiexec.exe /i %systemdrive%\Install\mouse\IP4_1.msi MM="IME3" REBOOT="ReallySuppress" /q

Can you be a little specific and give me a little more information in getting this to work? Cuz I'm quite confuse right now. Thx

I install Intellipoint 4.12 from RunOnceEx.cmd. Here is the exact code that works for me:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Intellipoint 4.12" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "msiexec.exe /i \"%systemdrive%\Install\mouse\IP4_1.msi\" MM=\"IME3\" REBOOT=\"ReallySuppress\" /q" /f

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Frank_Sechrist' date='Jun 28 2004, 03:30 AM']I install Intellipoint 4.12 from RunOnceEx.cmd.  Here is the exact code that works for me:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Intellipoint 4.12" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "msiexec.exe /i \"%systemdrive%\Install\mouse\IP4_1.msi\" MM=\"IME3\" REBOOT=\"ReallySuppress\" /q" /f[/quote]
Where did you place the Intellipoint 4.12 file? Did you extract the drivers from the main setup.exe file?

Well, I just tried to copy the following into notepad:

"REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Intellipoint 4.12" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "msiexec.exe /i \"%systemdrive%\Install\mouse\IP4_1.msi\" MM=\"IME3\" REBOOT=\"ReallySuppress\" /q" /f "

Then I save it as RunOnceEx.cmd and I copy the directory with IP4_1.msi into a folder called Mouse. I then create an iso with xpcreate and it didn't installed at all. So I just end up wasting a CD.

[quote name='Sgt_Strider' date='Jan 28 2005, 09:14 AM']Well, I just tried to copy the following into notepad:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "msiexec.exe /i \"%systemdrive%\Install\mouse\IP4_1.msi\" MM=\"IME3\" REBOOT=\"ReallySuppress\" /q" /f "

Then I save it as RunOnceEx.cmd and I copy the directory with IP4_1.msi into a folder called Mouse. I then create an iso with xpcreate and it didn't installed at all. So I just end up wasting a CD.[/quote]
The problem MUST be the directory structure you used, or the filename... (just to make sure: mouse VS Mouse *might* give problems...)

P.S.: start using CD-RW's ;)

[quote name='Bâshrat the Sneaky' date='Jan 28 2005, 11:09 AM'][quote name='Sgt_Strider' date='Jan 28 2005, 09:14 AM'] Well, I just tried to copy the following into notepad:

Then I save it as RunOnceEx.cmd and I copy the directory with IP4_1.msi into a folder called Mouse. I then create an iso with xpcreate and it didn't installed at all. So I just end up wasting a CD.[/quote]
The problem MUST be the directory structure you used, or the filename... (just to make sure: mouse VS Mouse *might* give problems...)

P.S.: start using CD-RW's ;) [/quote]
I would use CDRW's except that it's too big to fit CDRW's. I'll try that out and see if it works, but I have my doubts.