Dutch guide up now

ArmyDoc

As of now, a Dutch guide on creating multiboot DVD can be found here. :)

Like I stated in another post, it is a collection of information form flyakite's guide, this forum, Terriers French guide, and other assorted sites on the WWW.

Attention: Dutch ONLY! So you won't find much of your liking als je niet kunt lezen wat hier staat :rolleyes:

Regards,

ArmyDoc

As of now, a Dutch guide on creating multiboot DVD can be found here. :)

Like I stated in another post, it is a collection of information form flyakite's guide, this forum, Terriers French guide, and other assorted sites on the WWW.

Attention: Dutch ONLY! So you won't find much of your liking als je niet kunt lezen wat hier staat :D

Regards,

ArmyDoc

As I said Armydoc very impressive. From what I can see a more in depth version than Flyakites a translation would be a winner.

Also very interested in your CD Shell, haven't ventured into this as yet still using Diskemu. :rolleyes:

Maverick:

to see my cdshell goto the downloads page of the guide - you'll find a download for cdshell.zip. This zipfile contains both my cdshell.ini for an textmenu and cdshellgraphic.ini for (three guesses... :rolleyes: ) a graphic menu.

Disect, edit, reassemble, assimilate :) ...

Armydoc

Maverick:

to see my cdshell goto the downloads page of the guide - you'll find a download for cdshell.zip. This zipfile contains both my cdshell.ini for an textmenu and cdshellgraphic.ini for (three guesses... :rolleyes: ) a graphic menu.

Disect, edit, reassemble, assimilate :) ...

Armydoc

Thanks Doc I looked at your site this morning & tried to open your cd shell section but your site said these pages were unavailable for some reason I'll try it again & post.

EDIT:

Doc was just able to download your CDShell.zip you certainly have some gear packed into your multiboot DVD. I would still be keen on your input to Alanolls upgraded guide in English though, the site looks excellent.

perhaps we could colaborate.....

add the information you have in Dutch, to the english side.....

and make the English one more......technical?

I didn't have time this weekend to mess with the site, but I should have time later on.....

did anyone notice, that almost all the sites created credit flyakite, and say they're translations :) Some just add some stuff.

EDIT: One thing I've always wondered, have you encountered any problems with using -n? It allows long filenames, but do you run into any problems about exceeding 8 paths, and non ISO filenames? I've had the ASMS error quite a few times, and i think it's because I use -j1 and it can't decided which to use, perhaps -n will fix it?

Alanoll,

I propose I PM you with a brief synopsis of what is in my guide, and we can discuss about the parts you would like me to translate?

If you have another idea, let me know..

Regarding th -n option, I havent encountered any problems with the -n options when used solo. I do know that you cannot have both -n and -j1 options in your command, If you have you get errors like CD\DVD not bootable of cdimage not running at all. I don't know if it has anything to do with the order in which the options are used which kind of error you get, but this is what has been frustrating the hell out of me when trying to add knoppix to a DVD already containing BartPE.

yeah, you can't use both -n and -j1

-n allows for long filenames, while still using ISO-9660

-j1 Does -n, but also encodes a Joliet filesystem as well, allowing for like - in path names and what nto.

A PM is fine.....what is different from your guide and flyakites that you mgith think needs to be added? Besides BartPE?