Permanently disable URL address bar drop down list

This question doesn't apply directly to UWF, but you guys are the gurus of reg tweaks so I wanted to ask the following question:

How do I permanently disable caching of typed-in URLs in the address bar's drop down list. This is the drop down list box that shows up in the address bar in Internet Explorer. The addresses in the drop box can be removed via <Clear History> button in Internet Options.

It is possible but I just haven't been able to Google it anywhere.

Thanks!

SSLK.

There is an option to clear on exit (or is it startup ... ), but I've never heard of disabling it.

Might be this one, I'm not sure:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Save_Session_History_On_Exit"="no"

That's a bug in XP that will never be fixed because it's such a low priority. Even if you clear all the MRU's you still still see addresses in the address bar by clicking on it and clicking the down arrow. The only way i know to disable this is to uncheck the Web addresses box in autocomplete.

-gosh

I've found a solution to keeping the Internet Explorer's URL address bar drop down list permanently empty (instead of having to manually remove them by Tools/Internet Options or by cleaning out HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs)

Here's what you to permanently disable the IE address bar drop down list:

In Regedit navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs

Right click on the "Typed URLs" folder.

Click "Permissions..."

Click Administrator (for global setting) or user you are logged in as.

Click Deny check boxes for Full Control and Read.

Click "OK"

Now, when you open a browser and surf, the IE address bar drop down list will always be empty. It's a bit of a hack but it serves its purpose. :)

SeattleSLK.