logon screen and trojans

:) Hi Guy's,

Can anyone help me with this problem, my pc is starting up without a logon screen and my firewall and virus programs seem to take ages to start up ( Norton ), I downloaded trojanhunter to see if I had any and it found 6, ( why did'nt Norton pick them up ) after getting rid of them my pc still has the same problem,

also I tried a system restore before I knew about the trojans but this would not work.....HELP!!!!

Have you tried rebooting in safe mode and tried to remove any suspicious apps? Also, this topic is needs to be moved, as it does not deal with Unattended installs.

NOTE: Norton is not a sure-fire way to catch everything that comes across. Use a combination of anti-virus, firewall, and spyware remover. And be way of websites when using IE, as they like to use ActiveX to install little nasties in the background.

Another good source would be the task manager. Check it out and Google the processes you see running for more infromation.

I doubt the trojan has hooked into the welcome screen because it only runs under the system context. The welcome screen is only a resource file - logonui.exe, the actual logon is processed by winlogon.exe. Someone could have used a 3rd party gina, however. Look at the GinaDLL registry key, if you find it delete it. If you suspect your system has been compromised i recommend backing up all the data and formating. And make sure you do whatever you do with your network cable UNPLUGGED if you have broadband. While online the hackers can see what you are doing and possibly cause more damage. **** hackers.

-gosh