unattended network problems

I tried to run an unattended network setup using BartPE to map the network drive. Windows XP setup fine, but my RunOnceEx.cmd did not run.

My cmdlines.txt is in my $OEM$ folder.

[Commands]

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

The drivers did not update at all. I am sure they are correct because after the install the same drivers installed fine. I put all my INF files into the driver folder (there are no subfolders)

The only thing that worked was setting up windows XP. Does anyone know what happened. I assume there was sometype of networking problem. The folder where the files are stored needs to be accessed using a password. I really do not know what happened.

I had a similar problem. It started fine, but then the drivers didn't install correctly. As a result of that, it couldn't reconnect to the server for the application installation.

Are you sure that each driver path is exactly where the .inf file is? So instead of "Drivers\Network", it might be something like "Drivers\Network\3com\e1000\W2K_XP", or whatever.

There are no subfolders in the driver folder. 

So you just have one driver folder and nothing else, with all driver files bundled together? I wonder if that will work, or if you'd need separate folders for each one. I'm not sure, but maybe someone else here can answer that...

As part of my network install, I have this in my answer file:

[SetupMgr]
   DistFolder=c:\winxp\I386
   DistShare=winxp$

Do you have something like that?

What about permissions on the folders. How to I add permissions to a shared folder so the setup will work?

if you use commands.txt you should put the [Commands] into the row 12. atleast that's the problem I had in WinNT unattended installs and I put that to WinXP unattended install aswell, haven't had any problems since.