Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Modem Drivers

SiMoNsAyS

well i want to slipstream the drivers of this modem in my unattend cd and yesterday searching in program files i found a folder called \Alcatel330\ and 2 subdirectories \Alcatel330\IPoA and \Alcatel330\PPPoE. the folder pppoe don't have a .inf file but the driver files are still there. i wonder what folder i need to put in the $OEM$ drivers folder. i add a screenshot for best references. i'll wait your help

Is there a inf file in the Alcatel330 folder? (I think both folders are needed for drivers)

thanks for reply, nop, only 2 different folders and both with drivers, i think one of them is for random ip configuration (the one i use) and the other for fixed ip, but i don't know how to identify them and what does it mean IPoA and PPPoE

Download the latest version.

SpeedTouch™ 330 Driver Upgrade for Win Rel 3.0.1 - 4.1 MB

Install the drivers on your running Windows box.

After installation, look in %systemroot%\inf ie C:\Windows\Inf for Windows XP or C:\WinNT\Inf for Windows 2000.

you should find one or more files OEMxx.inf

The INF file for your SpeedTouch is the latest in the list.

if you find oem1.inf oem2.inf oem3.inf the highest number is the latest OEM driver installed ie oem3.inf

Edit this oem3.inf with notepad and search section [sourceDisksFiles]

[sourceDisksFiles]; filename = diskid[,[ subdir][, size]]

alcaw16.dll = 1,,

alcaw32.dll = 1,,

stci.dll = 1,,

alcaudsl.sys = 1,,

alcacr95.sys = 1,,

alcacrnt.sys = 1,,

;alcandwn.mof = 1,,

alcawh95.sys = 1,,

alcawhnt.sys = 1,,

valcacr.vxd = 1,,

You should copy all the files listed above this section in your $oem$\$1\OEMDRVS\alcastw.

The sys files are copied in %systemroot%\system32\drivers and dll files in %systemroot%\system32\ and cat files in %systemroot%\system32\CatRoot\

Some files are for Windows 9x OSes and are not copied ie valcacr.vxd, alcacr95.sys, alcawh95.sys

create a new folder alcastw under your $oem$\$1\OEMDRVS and put all the dll, sys + oemx.inf in this folder. Rename the oemx.inf file to the original name alcastw.inf. search oemx.cat file rename to alcstusb.cat.

This method only install the WDM driver during unattend install.

You should add a command in your guirunonce like C:\install\Alcatel330\xxxxx\setup.exe -s setup.iss to configure the network layer. PPPoE or IPoA depends on your ISP. Only one should be installed, not both. look in your running box, Network and Dial-up connections, ISP connection, properties. You should find an adapter PPPoE or IPoA and know wich one to choose.

most of the times, if you have only one PC and the USB modem plugged, it should be PPPoE but depends on your ISP.

lot of thanks a lot for your reply, what i thought it's that if i install only WDM drivers, then with sharedaccess.ini & rasphone.pbk will not be necessary to install the full package (you know C:\install\Alcatel330\xxxxx\setup.exe -s setup.iss). i wonder if it's posible no need to run the .EXE installation. finally i think the better way it's testing it in the unattended installation :) if someone knows please tell me