$OEM$\$1 can somebody de-confuse me?

Hey all!

I must admit you guy are doing a remarkable job! I found a load of valuable information around here... Anyway keep it up.

Now i have a small issue.

I use RIS on windows 2003 to deploy windows XP not SP1 for now.

in the folder \\server\REMINST\Setup\English\Images\WINDOWS\$OEM$

i created a folder $1 which is supposed to be copied to the %systemdrive% I put a folder in there containing pagedefrag...

i also created a folder $$ that contains beenhere.txt which is a test...

My confusion starts here, when the setup run i can press Shift F10 to open a command prompt then i go in the folder $Win_nt$.~ls\$OEM$

All the data is there but this beautiful data never get copied to the c:\ or c:\windows?

but I have a problem which it might be related too, i install winamp 5.03 using the /S parameter, it work up to there and installs winamp but i stay stuck with the Registration kind of form even if i have the taskkill command.

start "WinAMP" /wait "winamp\winamp503_full.exe" /S
taskkill /f /im winamp.exe

in the end when the station reboots and i log in the $Win_nt$.~ls\$OEM$ is not deleted but all the data inside is gone?

anyway so the questions are:

1. why is $1 data not copied properly or how can i troubleshoot it?

2. why is the $Win_nt$.~ls\$OEM$ not killed or how can i troubleshoot it?

3. god **** how do we kill this F#($&* window from winamp?

thanks!

Marc

i dunno about your particular case... but in general, $OEM$ won't copy if OEMPreinstall=No is set... it has to be set to yes...

and usually UnattendSwitch=yes has to be set as well for all else to go as planned...

if you check the application switches forum, there is a special winamp 5.03a silent install MSI package that someone made... allows full customisation of winamp install procedure and works perfectly in silent mode :) i use it so i can vouch for it

yeah, finally a customisable silent installer... no more video support!.. no more media organiser bulls*** program!... allows you to set up exactly what you need and nothing you dont :)

(i hate winamp wanting to be default player for all video types and despise the media organiser thing)