Drivers installation failed...

shaky

So for the past few days I've been reading the MSFN Unattended XP CD guide, slowly putting things in place... Today I thought I had things all ready.

So I installed Virtual PC 2004 and loaded the freshly-created .iso

Installation went very smoothly; all the hotfixes were properly installed, the RunOnceEx thing worked nicely, registry tweaks were added, etc.

However, after checking in Device Manager, I noticed that the 4 components which I had provided drivers for on the CD hadn't been installed properly.

Namely, they are my

• chipset (Intel i850-E)
  • network card (SMC 2802W)
  • video card (Geforce 4 Ti4400)
  • monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX)

I don't know why it didn't work. I had the $OEM$\$1\Drivers copy itself to the root of my C:\ and the folders were organized as described in the guide:

000_chipset

001_network

002_graphics

003_monitor

and in the winnt.sif file:

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   UnattendSwitch="yes"
   FileSystem=*
   WaitForReboot="No"
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset;Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_graphics;Drivers\003_monitor"

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there another way of doing this? Thanks... :)

Edit: Also, just so you know, in Virtual PC, the video card was reported as a Trio, the chipset was totally off, the monitor was Default monitor, and I had some funky Intel network card drivers...

Is it possible that Virtual PC is the culprit here, given that it only emulates these devices?

also, try to shorten the names of the folders....try to use a maximum of 8 letters or numbers to make sure that windows detects them. It surely worked for me...try that if it still won't work..

hope it helps :) and let me know if you need any more help.