Stripping HIDE from sysoc.inf

cyberchicken

I'm sorry. I irritated everyone. I've even irritated myself.

But please understand that I get irritated when I discover that software that I rely on deletes wildcarded files.

I mean sif, inf and log are the things one works on to make a setup disc. I risked to loose all my work.

(Most) every line of that code has a "raison d'etre". You are invited to look, and hopefully learn, but I need to be paid quite a lot before I justify those reasons!
You arleady told me. I'm sure it would be nice to discuss programming techniques with you, but time is never enough and there's plenty of nice things to do. Therefore I agree with you and have nothing to add.

@BeenThereB4

Very few people can stand to be in paid "Support" positions for long, yet here is GreenMachine doing it for free with grace and humor! We can only hope that his patience holds out.

You are right.

There you go, that's the ticket.

Don't be irritated over software's internals: you are trying to use a tool in a way that it was not designed to be used. That will undoubtably lead to frustration!

XPCREATE relies on running MANY programs over which I have no control. Thus the need to control the environment. Imagine how furious I would be if I spent a day debugging, only to discover that an alien file was the cause? Spies in the logs, wildcard deletes, and I insist on the "Failsafe" creation before looking into anyone's problem. Yet the real beauty lies in the fact that it works. Every time.

So ... now on to more impprtant issues, like Pasta and Grappa!

• 3 months later...

By the way... what If I need the file tabletpc.inf on my PC?

I am runnning XP professional and when trying to click on the Add/remove windows components from the Add and remove programs (control panel) I get the errror

"Setup was unable to open the information file tabletpc.inf
the specific error code is 0xe0000100 at line 0"

I looked everywhere for this error, Google / Microsoft... absolutely nothing found :}

As you guys seem to know how to disable this file from working.... would you have any idea how can fix this prob

Thanx

Boopa (newbie)

• 3 months later...
In response to Boopa's error - if you search for tabletpc.inf on your computer open and remove the top blank line from the file, then resave the file. repeat this for all copies of tabletpc.inf on your computer.

That should fix your problem.

Since from the first topic, it has been around quite a while but anyway, if someone still wants to know a way to strip those HIDE sections from the sysoc.inf, here it is,
[url="http://homepage2.nifty.com/winfaq/w2k/showacc.vbs"]showacc.vbs[/url]
Its from a Japanese web site.
It can be modified for your own use I guess.

And GM, I know you have a lot of work to do but keep up the good work!