Does it matter

MammaScan

I'm trying out "RyanVM's RAID/SATA/SCSI Driver Update" to install win. on a Satadisc. But I want to install more drivers (printers, LAN, and so on).

The install of SATA-drivers are referring to 006_storage folder. Does it matter what i name the other folders in order to make the installs to take place in a specific order?

As a real noob on unattended installs this sentense:

"For those who have a SATA/Raid setup, you may want to read this page as the method outlined below cannot load your Hard drive controller drivers during Setup." found on this page:

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/drivers.htm

,really confuses me.

/reading my post makes me more confused... :) I hope someone understands my question.

Thanks

/Anders

It's generally recommended you follow a numbering pattern similar to that outlined on the page you linked to in your post. I personally go by the following convention for my personal CD:

000_chipset

001_lan

002_graphics

003_sound

004_tvtuner

005_usb

006_storage

007_monitor

etc...

This method is recommended (though not necessarily necessary). It's what MS does when they do their testing and supposedly the numerical order eliminates some problems they have had before.

Ok, so even if I want to install SATAcontrollers first with the "RyanVMmethod" (so that I don't have to press F6) I can continue to add drivers in the "OemPnPDriversPath"???

below is an example of my winnt.sif

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\006_storage;Drivers\006_storage\3ware6k;Drivers\006_storage\3ware78k;Drivers\006_storage\3112;Drivers\006_storage\3112r;Drivers\006_storage\3114;Drivers\006_storage\3114r;Drivers\006_storage\3124;Drivers\006_storage\3124r;Drivers\006_storage\hpt371;Drivers\006_storage\nvidia;Drivers\007_printers;Drivers\001_3ComLAN;"

Thanks for helping a noob out. :)

Ok, so even if I want to install SATAcontrollers first with the "RyanVMmethod"  (so that I don't have to press F6) I can continue to add drivers in the "OemPnPDriversPath"???

below is an example of my winnt.sif

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\006_storage;Drivers\006_storage\3ware6k;Drivers\006_storage\3ware78k;Drivers\006_storage\3112;Drivers\006_storage\3112r;Drivers\006_storage\3114;Drivers\006_storage\3114r;Drivers\006_storage\3124;Drivers\006_storage\3124r;Drivers\006_storage\hpt371;Drivers\006_storage\nvidia;Drivers\007_printers;Drivers\001_3ComLAN;"

Thanks for helping a noob out. :)

Yes, you even SHOULD do that