Not found file ntldr

king

Hi all, i'm a new member of the forum.

I followed the guides found in the site and all seems to work properly but there is a problem: when from the dos menu i select to start the installation of windows 2000 pro or windows xp pro, a message tell me that ntldr file is not found. Which can be solution?

Thanks! :)

P.S. I don't understand where i have to put the directory called "$WIN_NT$.~LS". I don't use it so i don't insert in the iso image is that on right?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=19634

I have posted an answer above but...

it also might be VMWARE is running out of memory running an os in another os takes up lots of resources even on a mighty 3.0ghz 512mb pc. Close as much junk programs down as you can in memory or reboot your pc before running. I used vmware as alot swear by it being slightly faster than virtual pc but i use virtual pc never had a problem with it.

You have 2 choices when you use gosh's slimming method it will create "$WIN_NT$.~BT" and "$WIN_NT$.~LS". You will always need BT one as thats your boot folder but the LS is your install folder and you can use this OR you can use your original XP folder it will still work but then the point of the method is to save space and speed up install so rename "$WIN_NT$.~LS" to XPPRO or whatever and edit your txtsetup.sif in your now renamed XPPRO folder and find sourcepath and edit it to point to XPPRO or whatever you renamed it.