Outlook 2003 silent unattended installation

niceguy

hi guys

anyone can help me with this problem?

i'm trying to deploy outlook 2003 to users over the network without user input.

i've edited the setup.ini files and insert the username, company name and cd key in and uses the setup.exe /q to install outlook silently is there any other way to do it? i've read abt getting ork and doing a transform file but have no idea which option is required and how to go about it.

Another problem is i can't configure outlook 2003 to deploy with predefine setting. i would like to be able to know how to configure outlook so that when user launch outlook it automatically look for the mail server and requires only the user to type in their name to their account. (my company uses exchange server for email)

thanks in advance

Hello.

Read up on installing in cached exchange mode (CEM) CEM is required for some features such as the Outlook spam filter to function.

Use the Custom Installation Wizard (CIW) in the ORK. This will create a transform for you. The wizard gives you a command line at the end that you can use in a script to launch Office setup with no user interaction. You can specify what apps to install, etc.. in the wizard. Search MSFN and the web for more help as there is alot of information on this subject. My guess is that you can use the Profile Wizard (in ORK) to configure a default profile so users can set up their profile easily.

• 2 months later...

ppl I have the same promlem and looking for a solution , my prob is :

i can't configure outlook 2003 to deploy with predefine setting. i would like to be able to know how to configure outlook so that when user launch outlook it automatically look for the mail server and requires only the user to type in their name to their account. (my company uses exchange server for email)

Pls help

Thanks

Yazan