video capture

chbrooks

I have Logitech quickcam messenger and dazzle dvc150 working on biostar m7viz mainboard with athalon xp2500+ and windows xp pro..all worked well till yesterday..I powered down and dis-assembled to change computer desk..hooked it all back up the same way and now even tho both cam and dvc are recognized by windows xp pro, they don't work..logitech cam software says cam is unplugged even tho it appears in dev mngr and actually works in netmeeting. i have uninstalled everything hardware and software and just installed the cam, same thing and the dvc150 isn't working at all...no errors in dev mngr but no capture. also ended processes on all extra windows processes(anti-virus, printer software etc.) any advice would be appreciated

ChrisB

no hubs..motherboard has 6 usb 2.0 ports 4 rear 2 front..i believe i have some type of software conflict possibly with the twain driver as the video works in netmeeting but nowhere else... usb ports use irq 21..the real kicker is it all worked fine before move as far as i can tell

chrisB

Some of those webcams and other USB devices are very picky about having the software installed before you plug them in and so on. I would unplug all of your USB devices, uninstall all the software that comes with them, go to Device Manager and uninstall all the related drivers, then restart. After you restart I'd install the software as directed in the manual (for example the cam you will probably have to install software, restart, and THEN plug it in).

Be sure you restart after uninstalling everything to make sure its completely cleaned out before you try reinstalling.