ISOLINUX HELP!

evilkwan

hi i was wondering if its possible to use CDIMAGE.EXE to make the ISOLINUX.BIN to make a bootable cd so that it goes to the isolinux dos menu..?

i try ugins mkisofs.exe to make the image but it doesnt have the -O command to OPTIMIZE the file storage...

because im trying to make a windows_Xin1 cd and the files are 1.4 gig.. wen i use CDIMAGE with the -o option it takes the whole image down to 600mb but the isolinux menu wont boot. it has error..

so does anyone know how i can make isolinux.bin to boot from cd using cdimage?

or is there a command in mkisofs to allow the OPTIMIZE storage function to save space?

thnx in advance.. :)

Reanimotolog has a 'dynamic file linker' on his web site that will optimize the image for use with mkisofs to do what you're after. I ran into the same problem with cdimage and isolinux.bin.

Keep in mind, I've never tried Reanimatolog's program, so I don't know how well it works. I ended up going with CDShell. It has ISOlinux support, as well as diskem1x.

Reanimato's page - http://bootcd.narod.ru/index_e.htm - scroll down to "duplicate files linker"

CdShell - if you're interested, can be found at http://www.cdshell.org

• 2 weeks later...

You can use CDShell with a cdshell.ini that looks like this:

cls
isolinux

That way its just like you were running isolinux, but you can still use cdimage since it works with cdshell. If you use dfl with mkisofs make a backup first. It will replce duplicate files witha text file.

Cheers