Intellitype and Intellimouse

for keyboards the abbreviations are

Microsoft Office Keyboard (OFFICE), the Microsoft Internet Keyboard (IK), the Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro (IKP), the Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro (NKP), the Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard (MM), the Microsoft Natural MultiMedia Keyboard (NMM), the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop (WOD), the Microsoft Wireless Natural MultiMedia Keyboard (WNMM), or the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite (WODE).

Using the oemkeys.exe and oemkeys.ini you can set the defaults for the keys too. So theres no more need for importing registry files to set your keys.

I didn't even think to look on the systembuilder site. I didn't find the information anywhere on the oem site but I downloaded ITP5_0OEMEng.exe and IP5_0OEMEng.exe from the oem site and inside was a pdf talking about what to do. I imagine that the 5.0 instructions will work for 5.2.

Now I just need to find out how RunOnceEx will handle it? In another post it says the OEMsetup.exe creates another process and so start /wait doesn't work. Does RunOnceEx work the same way? does it wait for just the main process to stop or will it wait for any processes it spawns to stop?

well upon further reading the oem documentation only covers assigning the my favorites keys. But this page I found Here says something about assigning 3 of the other keys. If we could find a reference guide for oemkeys then we could assign every key through there probably.

• 3 months later...

Hi joebells

I Have succesfully installed IntelliPoint with your help above.

Now I am trying to install IntelliType.

Do you know the entries for the oemstup.ini ? Unfortunatelly I have no access to thesystembuilder site.

Do you have the pdf document which explains the oemkeys.ini. I have a Bluetooth elite keyboard and would like to customise it.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers

Ludewiko

In the meantime I achieved to make an unattended install for the IntellyPoint (IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth) and IntelliType 5.2 (Elite Keyboard for Bluetooth). I had to HEXdump the OEMsetup.exe to get the DEVICE names.

The only thing which is missing is the OEMkeys.ini. What are the different entries for [intelliType Pro Keys]?

Anybody can help?

Cheers

SLudewiko

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Microsoft's method does turn the trick. Recently picked up a nice keyboard and mouse set, noticed that the 5.2 install disc includes instructions for silent installation in the form of two PDF files buried in the respective IPoint and IType SETUP directories. I have them on my server, you can grab the Intellipoint documentation HERE and the Intellitype documentation HERE. They are about 1.2MB each and certainly answer some of the questions asked here.

Edit: but the msi method is hard to beat for convenience and economy of size.

Edited by blinkdt