Cleaning up after the installation

hey guys!

now that i finished my batch file i wanted to clean up the computer a little bit so that the unnecessary files that were copied to the computer during the installation will be deleted. the command for deleting a folder or a file is "del" right? besides that i also want it maybe to empty the recycle bin..maybe it's not necessary for the installation but it would be good to know the command. Does anyone know the command to empty the recycle bin?

yeah just use the del to deleted some items & rd to remove directories. i have posted some code that i use for mine. this is my entire reboot.cmd.

cmdow @ /HIDnet user aspnet /deleteshutdown.exe -r -f -t 90 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute..."MD "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Misc"MD "%systemdrive%\Downloads\"RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install\DEL "%systemroot%\Blue Lace 16.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Coffee Bean.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\FeatherTexture.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Gone Fishing.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Greenstone.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Prairie Wind.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Rhododendron.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\River Sumida.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Santa Fe Stucco.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Soap Bubbles.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Zapotec.bmp"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Crystal.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Friend.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Home.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Moon flower.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Peace.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Power.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Ripple.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Vortec space.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Ascent.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Autumn.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Tulips.jpg"DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\Wind.jpg"EXIT

and another thing...does anyone know how to delete certain files inside a directory if i don't know what they are called but i want the folder to be emptied...like windows prefetch folder i want it to be emptied but i don't know what all the files are called...is there a way to delete them without knowing their name?

now the only thing that is left is the recycle bin..i know i'm repeating myself but noone seems to have the answer for it..anyone who knows how to empty the recycle bin?

if you use DEL in DOS - I doesn't go to the recyling bin.

Also - DIESEL -

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 90 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute..."

90 seconds is not 1 minute. I know you know that, but I'm pointing it out if you want to make them match....like I did.

In XP, you can delete the entire recycler directory. (rd /q/s c:\recycler, for example) It will be automatically recreated when you put something in the recycle bin. A minor problem is that the recycle bin on the desktop will show that it still contains items.

As WwTIPPYwW pointed out, though, items deleted through the command prompt do not go to the recylce bin so the point is mute.

Cheers.