Memory Leakage

subhramani

I have LH Build 5053. In that explorer.exe takes about 130MB of RAM & the page file usage goes upto 550+. I heard that the bug is called as MEM Leaksge. I have also heard that there is some patch for that. Can anyone tell me where I can find that? If at all it works, I'm gonna use LH as my main OS. I donno whether this topic was started already. If So, please move this post to that particular place.

Please reply guys

There is no patch for it. What you can do though is disable the sidebar entirely. That will pretty much stop the memory leakage and explorer should stay around 50 megs. The sidebar just isn't fixed yet and if you want to have it on you'll have to reset the computer every couple hours.

OK with that. But everytime I turn the machine, the taskbar also hags for a couple of minutes even if the sidebar is disabled. What should I do for that???

LG 4053 sure has a number of good qualities, but as they say "FIRST IMPRESSION IS THE BEST IMPRESSION", even if the features inside are fine without stability it is worthless. Ofcourse, since it has noteven come to the beta, it can be excused.

It's actually highly recommended that you don't run longhorn as your main OS due to problems. Everyone knows of the memory leak in longhorn, it should be gone in the final version but for now it's there and you arn't getting rid of it.

As for your problem with the main taskbar well that one is fixed in the more recent build of 4074. IN 4053 the main taskbar also has a pretty nasty memory leak. Disabling the sidebar helps but running for prolonged periods of time isn't a good idea. If you really want to use longhorn your best bet is to get the newer build.

• 4 weeks later...

Longhorn 4074 - has some more Memory leaks

Explorer (starts at ~60MB, and after 2 hours more then 100 MB)

and SVChost (starts at 20 MB and evry hour I need to kill it (in LH 4074 I can easyly do that without anything bad happend) becouse it uses 140 MB and more).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...