Frozen downloads.

Macrohard

I'm running a 1G AMD Duron on an Asus board, as well as sp2 beta in xp pro. I've had the beta for awhile and doubt its been the cause. The only recent change has been resetting my status to admin after xp took it away for claiming one of its objects. Any info to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Try resetting your Internet Explorer cache and delete the history. Do a thorough Virus scan with update defs. Use a Download Manager and try saving to a different drive. If you dont use a download manager, at least try using a browser other than IE: Firefox would be a good suggestion.

See if downloading with these other progs has the same effect. If you get the same results then the issue has to be with Permissions related. In that case, you can try saving your downloads to a FAT32 partition....

Phew! lots of things to try....good luck :)

when it reaches 99% is when it is moving the file(s) from the temp folder to where you told it to save them to, so it could either be a delayed write problem (check if hard drive is on 40 pin cable, if so change to 80 or check if it is on its own channel, if not make it) or possibly something like permissions in the temp folder?