HP PSC750 Software

TomcaT

I have acquired a HP PSC750 (printer/scanner and copier), I installed the software a few weeks back and everything was fine, I since uninstalled the software as I was not using it much, however I have come to reinstall the software and it says that it is already installed, but the programs are not installed. It then stops the installation!

Can anyone help? the OS is Win2000.

Cheers,

TC

It seems like the uninstall left some registry keys behind that said it was installed... Try either running any registry cleaner to remove invalid keys (be careful though) or manually search the registry and try to find a key (relating to the printer) that says "Installed = 1" or something similar.

Alternatively, with some installers, you can open them with WinRAR and extract their contents. If you see an ini file, open it up, and if you see something like "InstalledCheck = 1" change it to "= 0". I know that trick has worked for me before. :)

I've got the same printer and the software refused to install even on a clean XP installation. The trick which worked for me is adding the printer using the add printer wizard in windows and point to the CD for the drivers. Then after a restart, just install from the CD. It worked for me.