office xp serial number?

guiron

i got office xp 2003 to load into my unattended xp install, however when i check it with virtual pc and go to run msword it asks me for my serial number (which i do have). Since i do not have officeXP on a CD i cannot make a administrative install via the resource manager. Is there still a way to bypass this with a reg entry? if not its not that bad to enter my SN# afterwards. I'm just trying to get this cd totally unattended. thanks

In this directory of Office XP, you'll find a file named setup.ini: E:\OfficeXPEn\FILES\SETUP\

Open setup.ini and look for the [Options] category, then modify it like this:

[Options]

REBOOT=Suppress

USERNAME=MATRIX

PIDKEY=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Display=Basic

Replace the xs with your key, but without dashes. I hope it works.

I was reading somewhere on a site that had an article about slipstreaming office updates and doing the admin install of office, that only the corporate volume licensing version of office will allow you to do the admin install. The retail version will not. I've got the CVE version office xp and 2K3 and I have copied the data to a HD, and then ran the setup from the HD to create an Admin install. Sounds to me like you've got a retail version. The one way to know for sure is that it needs to be activated after install.

I thought guiron was talking about serial number, not activation! Was that right?
Since i do not have officeXP on a CD i cannot make a administrative install via the resource manager
I was trying to point out for him to make sure he has a version of Office that can be slipstreamed in the FIRST place. If his copy requires activation, then it's a big slap in the face telling him it can't be done with his version regardless if it's on CD or HD.