Windows experience index stuck on running the aero assessment in windows vista

ginger1234

Hello I have a problem where I'm trying to get Aero glass In Windows Vista (vmware btw) but when I run Windows experience index it stays on running the aero assessment And I don't know why Although I installed latest VMware tools for Windows Vista from Archive.org (https://archive.org/details/vmware-tools-for-windows-vista) Also I tried searching on Google but most of searches were unrelated or didn't have any reply so if you have time to help me then thank you Because I'm desperate to get aero glass and windows external kernel on my Windows vista VM Thank you! :no:

image.png.3cab56f57b24cd08163c15872648e874.png

Edited by ginger1234

2 hours ago, ginger1234 said:

latest VMware tools

Try an earlier version of VMware tools. I use VMware 10 (not sure which version tools it uses edit: 9.6.0), and Aero works.

Edited by 66cats

17 minutes ago, 66cats said:

Try an earlier version of VMware tools. I use VMware 10 (not sure which version tools it uses edit: 9.6.0), and Aero works.

do you have download for vmware tools 9.6.0 because Google does not show me download for vmware tools 9.6.0image.png.9052b8f897330f86eb3d7f46a6b6b647.png

1 hour ago, ginger1234 said:

vmware tools 9.6.0

Sorry, i just use the version that came with VMware 10, but a quick google gives https://packages.vmware.com/tools/esx/5.1p03/windows/x64/ (9.0). 

P.S. not really sure if simply downgrading the tools is enough, a complete downgrade to VMware 10 (or 12) might be necessary. IIRC current releases of VMware no longer fully support Vista, but not sure @ which version. If you have a bunch of VMs in latest VMware, there's a way to downgrade them to v.10 & install VMware 10.

Edited by 66cats