Spotify - Not working on all Windows 10 versions?

yoltboy01

Well, as I was just finishing setting up my Windows 10 LTSB 2016 (x64) device, I noticed that Spotify is not working anymore. This issue was already stated in May of 2023, however no actual solution was provided by the devs. The last version working was 1.2.12

Anything above that says "api-ms-win-core-console-l3-2-0.dll" missing. Apparently that specific api was introduced in 1803, so they dropped any Windows 10 version below 1803. I couldn't find a way in how to fix this error (I'd go for copy paste from a higher 10 version).

Off topic but many developers, including Google, started to ignore the fact that LTSB versions are still supported and exist. Google Drive does not work on Windows 10 LTSB 2015 for months now, as it is based on Chromium 117, which has a bug that specifically affects 1507/1511 installs. So, I went from 2015 to 2016, which again works but still annoying.

Intel no longer releases compatible driver for 1607 after 2022. NVIDIA dropped support for 1607 in 2023. So I think it is too late to use 1607 now. Besides, 1607 lacks complete support for DCH driver.

• 3 weeks later...

Aight but that has nothing to do with Intel. LTSB 2016 is still supported

On 2/6/2024 at 9:05 PM, halohalo said:

Intel no longer releases compatible driver for 1607 after 2022. NVIDIA dropped support for 1607 in 2023. So I think it is too late to use 1607 now. Besides, 1607 lacks complete support for DCH driver.

But latest Intel SGX driver, Management Engine driver, Wi-Fi and Wireless Bluetooth driver no longer work on 1607. Without INF modification, Intel 6th-10th Gen Graphics driver and Realtek HDA driver don't work on 1607.

Of course LTSB 2016 still has monthly CU from Microsoft, but you can't solve security vulnerabilities without latest driver.