intel 945 support?

yo, yo, msfn

i have recently acquired an intel 945 based motherboard. this intel 945 based motherboard, unfortunately does not install drivers all the way for the chipset. it freezes when something like the USB controllers are installed. i am using a fully updated copy of 98SE and i'm working on making a system with both 98SE and XP.

is there a driver for this chipset somewhere or am i SOL?

3 hours ago, tractorbeam64 said:

i am using a fully updated copy of 98SE

Flesh this out a little bit more. Is this a old Windows install (harddrive transfer, from different computer), or a new fresh install? Does fully updated mean unofficial service packs, or a personal collection of updates?

Have you installed USB Drivers, prior to the chipset?

LoneCrusader has a unofficial Intel chipset, for newer machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bother with chipset drivers, they are not needed. You can try the already mentioned unofficial pack of Intel chipset drivers from LoneCrusader but I don't see a reason for it.

Integrated GPU is not supported (latest Intel GPU supported for 98SE is the Extreme Graphics 2 from the 865 chipset), use a PCI-E win98 compatible GPU like the GeForce 6000/7000 series or (preferrably imo) Radeon X300/X550/X600/X700/X800/X850 series...or a 30 year old PCI gpu :D

Integrated Audio is not supported (unless it's a ac97 chip and not a hd audio chip), use a cheap USB Sound Card or a PCI Sound card like the SB Live or something like that...

Integrated LAN is supported if it's a realtek chip, search for Realtek PCI-E gigabit LAN drivers for 98...

Unless planning to use flashdrives to copy files, don't bother with USB 2.0 drivers, 98's built in USB 1.1 support is enough for Keyboard/Mice/cheap sound cards...

If you need USB 2.0 drivers, use nusb33e.exe

For more than 512MB of RAM, use PATCHMEM.

Don't be alarmed by any remaining Unknown Devices in the Device Manager, they do not do any harm.