How to stop Windows 10 from asking me to move to Outlook, I want to keep using the base mail app.

labefat181

Hi,

Lately, Windows has become so annoying with the new Outlook trying to replace the basic mail app included in Windows. Every time I have to go and select going back to the default mail.

I don't need any fancy features, I just want a simple and light app that I can leave in the background, like the one found by default on Windows 10.

So, is there any way to definitely stop Windows from asking/moving me to Outlook?

https://tutuappx.com/ Vidmate

Thanks.

Edited by labefat181

I agree with you, the original Windows 10 Mail app was very good.
Unfortunately, for me at least, it started malfunctioning very badly.
I suspect it was fine with Outlook/Hotmail e-mails, that is to say Microsoft ones, but my main e-mail is Yahoo-based, and the mail app started just showing code for a lot of messages from it, or sometimes just the header, making it useless.
There were a huge number of complaints online about this, so I wasn't the only one with the problem, but it quickly became evident that Microsoft had no intention of fixing it, as the app was about to be replaced with their shiny new Outlook app.
I eventually did go over to the new Outlook app, and I have to say that it isn't that bad IMO.
The one thing it won't (yet) do which is annoying is that there's no way of running it automatically in the background on boot, as you could with the Mail app.
:)