help me with multiple RunOnceEx

flashlaser

I got my install cd working , but not completly, i fix one problem and another one comes up

so far i have used this guide and everythign works

http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/

i have 3 version of xp pro launchgin from cdshell

My Cdshell.ini file

i have 3 folders, PRO1, PRO2, PRO3, pro1 and pro2 having winnt.sif files

My winnt.sif file for Athlon install

My winntxp.sif file for AthlonXP install

note: they are both called winnt.sif on my comp.

in the winnt.sif file i use the follow

DetachedProgram = "%SystemDrive%\athlon.exe"

Arguments="-y /q /r:n"

and

DetachedProgram = "%SystemDrive%\athlonxp.exe"

Arguments="-y /q /r:n"

now athlon.exe/athlonxp.exe are in $oem$ and are a self extracting exe containing RunOnceEx.cmd files, i have RunOnceEx.cmd under cmdlines.txt.

now say athlon setup excutes it calls winnt.sif which calls the athlon.exe at T39mins or watever and uses the arguments to extract the athlon version of RunOnceEx.cmd which cmdlines.txt should call at T12mins

and if athlonxp setup exuctes it should do the same but extract the athlonxp verison of runonceex in the athlonxp.exe.

now my problem is that it doens't work :)

i know my RunOnceEx.cmd files work i know cmdlines.txt is calling them. I think the detachedprogram command is working since i see at dos popup at T39mins and the file should extract cos i tried it with the arguments in cmd.

even after all that it doesn't work

i tried another method first with batch files renameing other files to RunOnceEx.cmd but that didn't work and had alot of extra cmd files.

Someone plz help

press <CTRL><F10> sometime during setup, and see if the files are even extracted properly.

That's always a good place to start.

And it's been my expierence that CMDLINES.TXT doesn't like variables. So you might ahve to create a batch file along side CMDLINES.TXT to call your RunOnceEX.cmd file.

ah thanks dude got it worknig

i shift f10 and found that file was being extracted

so i ran %systemdrive%\RunOnceEx.cmd from another batch file called by cmdlines.txt, cos how u said that cmdlines.txt doesn't like variables. And it worked!!!

thanks once again

ah got it working

had to use another batch called by cmdlines.txt which called RunOnceEx.cmd since cmdlines.txt doesn't like variables

thanks

hey i got another problem :):rolleyes:

i'm trying to call two exe files from winnt.sif

i tried givnig detachedprogram a cmd file that runs two exe self extractors

but didn't work...

i tried userexcute="CMD.exe /K athlonxp.exe"

and using detachedprogram to run $1.exe

but didn't work..

i tried giving userexecute a batch file which runs athlonxp.exe

and detachedproigram running $1.exe

but didn't work...

i'm outta ideas

basically i have two winnt.sif files, they one calls athlon.exe and the other athlonxp.exe they both extract different RunOnceEx.cmd files, but both winnt.sif's also call $1.exe which extracts the $1 folder.

hehe wat a hack

also what file or watever sets the %SystemDrive% variable and can i set my own in winnt.sif and have it still available during cmdlines.txt?

i just got a brainstorm what if i just use userexcute to run athlonEx.cmd or athlonXPEX.cmd which are reall RunOnceEx.cmd but for the different setups.

and i let detachedprogram run $1.exe

this came to me as i was about to go sleep, and i've been awake 5hrs past my bedtime already

you do have FULL QUALIFIED paths in all your calls right?

%Systemdrive%\athlonxp.exe

or something.....

(AthlonXP or any other of your archives need to be in $OEM$\$1 so they are copied over during install, THEN you extract them)

%systemdrive% is defined BY windows. You can't create your own in Winnt.sif . Sorry.

judging from this....

userexcute="CMD.exe /K athlonxp.exe"

youre not using full paths and probally have athlonxp.exe in what...i386? thinking that it would work?

you do have FULL QUALIFIED paths in all your calls right?

%Systemdrive%\athlonxp.exe

or something.....

(AthlonXP or any other of your archives need to be in $OEM$\$1 so they are copied over during install, THEN you extract them)

%systemdrive% is defined BY windows. You can't create your own in Winnt.sif . Sorry.

judging from this....

userexecute="CMD.exe /K athlonxp.exe"

youre not using full paths and probally have athlonxp.exe in what...i386? thinking that it would work?

heh it would still not have worked :) cos stupid me didnt' read userexecute help properly where it said its for running post installation things. After cmdlines.txt :rolleyes:

anyway i used it to run my RunOnceEx.cmd files but i renamed them to athlonEx.cmd and athlonXPEx.cmd

heh i just looked at code and i dont' think i even spelled userexecute properly when i tried running athlon.cmd from there.

hehe

oh well u learn