Some preinstalled programs don't work

BenchFox

Hello,

I joined this forum because I couldn't get much help on Reddit. I'm hoping it's different here.

I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop running Windows ME and can't get certain things there to work.

I can't import the sample file on Movie Maker. I get an error saying "Proper decompression program not found." It used to work so I don't know what happened.

The Windows ME welcome program doesn't work. It tells me it can't find the file (It doesn't give me a specific filename though).

And the music for 3D Space Pinball doesn't work for some reason.

For the first two, I've tried replacing all the files with ones I got from a generic virtual machine, but that never worked.

I'm kinda stumped. Does anyone know what to do here?

Hallo, basically can not say much about this, it's been a long time or have never used it.

1. Did you already read the help (chm file) of MovieMaker. See Troubleshooting "Importing problems" and "Importing files".

2. Windows ME welcome: I believe it needs macromedia shockwave. Path: C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\INTRO

3. First make sure, that you have enabled sound or music in Pinball options. And I see sixty sound wav files and two mid files in the pinball folder (C:\Program Files\PLUS!\PINBALL).