Is it possible to install x86 driver in Windows 10 x64?

mjd79

Hi, the integrated network card in my computer is probably broken...
I found an old 3COM on PCI, unfortunately it only has drivers for 32 bit systems. I am not able to install it through the device manager because the architecture does not match.
Is it possible to get around this somehow?
Thank you in advance for your answer :)

Edited by mjd79

58 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

I found an old 3COM on PCI, unfortunately it only has drivers for 32 bit systems. I am not able to install it through the device manager because the architecture does not match.

No it isn’t possible. You have to switch to 10 x86 to use it or get a USB wireless adapter.

11 hours ago, GD 2W10 said:

get a USB wireless adapter.

This is what I will do. Although it's a slight shame, because this network card would be completely sufficient.

2 hours ago, mjd79 said:

This is what I will do. Although it's a slight shame, because this network card would be completely sufficient.

If you want to use the card, you can dual boot 10 x86 and x64 and use it on 10 x86.

1 minute ago, GD 2W10 said:

If you want to use the card, you can dual boot 10 x86 and x64 and use it on 10 x86.

I don't want to, it is more profitable to buy something newer :)

15 hours ago, mjd79 said:

I don't really know if this is possible (ive never used a network card) but with as much talented people as there is here solution should be a easy to find solution for this :hello:                                                                                                                                                                               -legacyfan                                                                                                  

Edited by legacyfan

7 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

I don't really know if this is possible (ive never used a network card) but with as much talented people as there is here solution should be a easy to find  :hello:                                                                                                           -legacyfan                                                                                                  

It just turned out that... the second Ethernet port on the motherboard works, only for some reason its controller was disabled in the BIOS.

I have always been convinced that he does not work.
Problem solved :D 

Edited by mjd79