Modded BIOS for Acer Aspire E1-531

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 to an Acer Aspire E1-531, but ACPI does not work at all (even with blackwingcat's modded driver, it freezes at "Setup is starting Windows 2000", resulting in me having to press F5 and choose Standard PC). I've read that this is due to the InsydeH2O BIOS and Serial port settings (even though my laptop does not have said port). Unfortunately, mine doesn't have serial port settings (as again, I don't have said port), so I was wondering where I could find a modded BIOS that includes the option to disable/enable it. Thanks in advance for your help!

This thread is finished. I got the BIOS modded, the required settings changed, and Windows 2000 now works in ACPI mode!

Here’s how to flash the BIOS to an E1-531 (this may work for other similar period models such as V3-571G, but no guarantees, and I am not responsible if you brick your laptop).

Download the modded BIOS from here: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/acer-v3-571g-how-to-unlock-this-bios-advanced-settings-menu-version-2-21/33249

Download the 2.21 BIOS (it doesn’t matter if your laptop is not at Acer’s official 2.21 BIOS) from here: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.21_A_A.zip?acerid=635264178355568077&Step1=&Step2=&Step3=ASPIRE E1-531&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Grab a 32GB or less USB stick and format it as Fat32 (make sure to back anything up that may be on it).

Use 7zip to open up the Acer BIOS and extract the contents to the USB. Move the modded .FD file to the USB as well.

Plug the USB into the laptop and ensure the charger is unplugged from the laptop as well. Press and hold [FN] and Esc keys at the same time, plug in the charger while still holding them, and then press the power button. Continue holding the [FN] and Esc keys for an extra 5 seconds and then let go. The blue power light did not flash on mine. If, after a bit, you hear a succession of beeps, it was not successful, and it will restart automatically. If you hear nothing but the fan, it’s working, do not interrupt it, and wait for it to auto-restart.

Press F2 to open up the BIOS and explore the Advanced options!

Edited by Jakob99