ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard / i7 3770k, potential USB 3.0 issues?

CommanderKeen

Hey everyone, just was wondering about something that I saw on here:

AFAIK there should be no driver issues with that Motherboard and the CPU is supported as well but reading into this I read that my 3.0 drivers for that motherboard may just end up being 2.0 drivers? I'm not too sure, a friend of mine gave me some good answers so I just wanna know what you guys have to say, also I'll be using a GTX 680 for the time being bc that's what is coming with this Computer I bought off Facebook

3 hours ago, CommanderKeen said:

Hey everyone, just was wondering about something that I saw on here:

AFAIK there should be no driver issues with that Motherboard and the CPU is supported as well but reading into this I read that my 3.0 drivers for that motherboard may just end up being 2.0 drivers? I'm not too sure, a friend of mine gave me some good answers so I just wanna know what you guys have to say, also I'll be using a GTX 680 for the time being bc that's what is coming with this Computer I bought off Facebook

GTX 680 is more than 11 years old and not suitable for gaming. Make sure you at least buy the 4GB version, and don't pay much for it.

Z77 will do just fine with Vista. USB 3.0 drivers (self-made by a Brazilian guy) , don't install them - they BSOD while gaming.

2 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

GTX 680 is more than 11 years old and not suitable for gaming. Make sure you at least buy the 4GB version, and don't pay much for it.

Z77 will do just fine with Vista. USB 3.0 drivers (self-made by a Brazilian guy) , don't install them - they BSOD while gaming.

Don't worry I have a R9 290x at my disposal now, should work good and I don't plan on playing anything crazy