Remove the NON-indexed Warning of white colour from the above in Vista searches.

Cocodile

• 3 weeks later...

You can just click on the banner and select 'Don't show this message again' from the context menu.

To re-enable the infobar, go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\InfoBarsDisabled and delete the LocationNotIndexed value.

Infobar.png.cdfdf40898b3f696bdfd0131d36b68fc.png

3 hours ago, Bizzbob said:

You can just click on the banner and select 'Don't show this message again' from the context menu.

To re-enable the infobar, go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\InfoBarsDisabled and delete the LocationNotIndexed value.

Infobar.png.cdfdf40898b3f696bdfd0131d36b68fc.png

Thank you, when the indexing is OFF, it doesn't allow me to click on anything that brings up this menu. No such menu. What exactly do you click on for the menu to be shown ?

Ah right, sorry I misunderstood. I can't seem to find any way to disable the warning if the Windows Search service is stopped though. Would removing all folder locations from Indexing Options work for you as an alternative?

On 1/23/2023 at 8:52 PM, Bizzbob said:

Ah right, sorry I misunderstood. I can't seem to find any way to disable the warning if the Windows Search service is stopped though. Would removing all folder locations from Indexing Options work for you as an alternative?

Yes, thank you very much ! Just don't want to see that warning.