Digital signatures

n00b

Hello. I use Sysprep factory mode to install my applications and such in Windows XP. However, there is one problem and that is that the digital signature for my NIC card driver and the ATI Catalyst suite is lost. When sysprep is done and I finish up OOBE, it says the drivers are not digitally signed.

I've tried EVERYTHING to try fix this, but no luck. I've tried all funky things like making Sysprep redetect and reinstall drivers, use an answer file to specify an OemPnPDriverPath string, etc. and they don't work.

Help!

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but have you tried this in your winnt.sif file?

[unattended]DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

It doesn't solve loosing the digital signatures, but it would at least tell Windows setup to ignore them :rolleyes:. Of course, I have no idea how sysprep works, so I don't know if that works or not. Forgive me if I'm wrong :).

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but have you tried this in your winnt.sif file?
[unattended]

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

It doesn't solve loosing the digital signatures, but it would at least tell Windows setup to ignore them :D.  Of course, I have no idea how sysprep works, so I don't know if that works or not.  Forgive me if I'm wrong :rolleyes:.

Nope, that had nothing to do with it :D

I narrowed down the problem and it INDEED is a conflict with the Windows XP hotfixes. I have 62 of those installing :)