AMD Radeon Graphics driver+Driver pack for Windows Vista

Jakob99

I've hinted about it on here within the last week, and I can be proud to say the AMD Radeon Graphics driver for Windows Vista is finally available. There are also several other drivers that work with Vista that are usually bundled with hardware that features support for Windows 7 as well as the AMD Vista chipset drivers which still work with AMD Radeon's. To make this significantly easier for everyone, I included everything in a simple driver pack. Make sure Extended Kernel latest release is installed before installing graphics driver! You can get everything here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lxzpv2afvxzzy6h/AMD_Assorted_Drivers_Pack.zip/file

Most of these will also work with Windows XP x64 edition as well. The included ACPI.SY_ needs to be extracted with 7zip and integrated into an XP 64-bit media. The drivers that I could not get working under XP, despite their Vista success was: AMD IOMMU, PSP 2.0, and Realtek Card reader. The others like SMBus and USB 3.0 worked just fine. The graphics driver obviously does not work with XP, and trying to port it to XP's XDM (pre-WDDM) driver module may be hard to do.

I hope these drivers are of use to people. Also, if your specific Radeon/chipset device is not in any of the INFs, a simple INF mod to add in references to it will suffice, after which you can install away. Also note, these are considered Beta drivers, but no problems, knock on wood, have been reported. Please also note I did not mod the Radeon Graphics driver. Credit goes to K4Sum1 for that.

EDIT: There is a tutorial that shows you how to get AMD 17.10.1 working with Windows Vista. You can find it here: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/AMD17101WindowsVista.html Inside there is also a link if you need support.

Edited by Jakob99

Has anyone here tried this out? If so, did you get "The system cannot find the specified file" while installing this through Device Manager? The Cubis, who is on Discord, tried these and got that message. I set up a new Vista install on a separate hard drive and got the same message despite these having literally worked for me previously. K4Sum1, who created these, also got that same message on his machine as well. We all can't seem to figure out what would be causing this error to suddenly appear as I literally tested them on a 500GB SSD and they worked fine, but when tried after installing them onto a 4TB SSD, they don't.

Basically, that message means the driver will work, but that it cannot find a file it needs, and these won't install until it finds said file, but everything needed appears to be there. There is also no (Code#) following that error either (E.G. (Code 10: This device cannot start), (Code 39: Windows cannot load the driver files for this device. It may be corrupted or missing), or (Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported errors)) Keep in mind, these require the Extended Kernel to be installed first. If someone here could figure out why Device Manager throws that error, even with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled, please do chime in below. We are all at a loss here as to how they worked, as seen here http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/ but now they suddenly do not despite no changes having been made to the files and the driver linked to above literally being the one that worked successfully on the 500GB SSD.

EDIT: The Cubis problem is solved! Download and install these: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lxzpv2afvxzzy6h/AMD_Assorted_Drivers_Pack.zip/file

These do not have Stoney Ridge at the moment as K4Sum1 needs to add them into it. Once he does, I'll fix the driverpack to include the non-Stoney Ridge drivers and the Stoney Ridge ones.

I have included Stoney Ridge in them myself and can confirm that works. I'll work on getting everything uploaded and the links changed later on.

Edited by Jakob99

On 10/28/2022 at 12:35 AM, iUser04 said:

Installed this on my RX 480 and it works well. Thank you for this.

Don't thank me, thank K4Sum1! He's the one who put in the hard work. I'm just sharing the drivers, lol. I am glad it worked for you.

Also, if you happen to have switchable AMD/Nvidia graphics, the following thread may help you in getting the Nvidia graphics working.

Edited by Jakob99

• 1 year later...

Hi,

The OpenGL issue with the 17.10.1 driver can be solved by using an older version of the atioglxx.dll file located in C:/Windows/SysWOW64.

I'm not particularly sure why this issue happens, the most I know is that it's simply just in that file and it crashes in DrvPresentBuffers.

I replaced the DLL file with the atioglxx.dll found in the 13-12_winvista_64_dd_ccc_whql driver and it seems to work perfectly, although I'm sure there's a newer version that works.

Attached is an image of a benchmark software that came up online for an application that tests OpenGL 4, running on an RX 570 on Windows Vista.

opengl4.jpg