5eraph UpdatePacks x64 v2019

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/19/2024 at 4:59 AM, MilkChan said:

There's change documentation in UpdatePacks, I've updated that as well.

Thanks, I looked over the updated .htm file. Looks like a lot of new additions. I assume a bunch of these came from the NT5.x Updates URL drop by abbodi1406.

But I also am interested in the process (how and why) of what has changed; for example if one of the new updates completely supersedes/replaces a previous update that was in a previous version of the Update Pack. An old example from 5eraph's thread at RyanVM:

High priority update KB4018466 replaced high priority updates KB2508429 and KB4012598.

Keeping track of all these things can be a pain.. I know all too well from doing my own slipstreamed builds of earlier Windows versions. But it's nice to be able to follow all the steps that lead to the finished product.

On 4/9/2023 at 7:55 PM, MilkChan said:

And I broke the stupid limitations of UpdatePacks x64.

Also, what do you mean by this? What was the limitation and what was the solution?

Thanks! :thumbup

8 hours ago, LoneCrusader said:

Thanks, I looked over the updated .htm file. Looks like a lot of new additions. I assume a bunch of these came from the NT5.x Updates URL drop by abbodi1406.

But I also am interested in the process (how and why) of what has changed; for example if one of the new updates completely supersedes/replaces a previous update that was in a previous version of the Update Pack. An old example from 5eraph's thread at RyanVM:

Keeping track of all these things can be a pain.. I know all too well from doing my own slipstreamed builds of earlier Windows versions. But it's nice to be able to follow all the steps that lead to the finished product.

Also, what do you mean by this? What was the limitation and what was the solution?

Thanks! :thumbup

If you find files with the same name by checking the version and comparing them to the files in the UpdatePacks.
If so, I'd delete the old .cat and replace it with the new file.

and make improvements by getting the registry (checksum)
From HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates
I have to thank ramsey for the tip.

And it has a bug when I try to add WDF WIC and USB 2.0 Update.
When I try to add the services section to the registry from what I did in x86
Unable to start service
I've fixed it.

If you're interested in the script for 5eraph's UpdatePacks, I uploaded it in Github.

https://github.com/XPMilkChan/Dev-for-UpdatesPacks

On 2/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, R1600 said:

Hi. I tried your updatepack and Windows Update tab in Control is broken :( Other than that there's no problem (probably)

Do you have a picture of that problem?
All I know is that Microsoft Update isn't working anymore.