Offline updates for legacy Windows versions?

bizzybody

Since older versions of WSUS Offline can't download for Windows 8.0 (not that anyone who has 8.0 should do anything but immediately update to 8.1), 7, Vista, XP, or 2000, thanks in part to Microsoft moving or removing many of the files and changes to wsusscn2.cab, is there any way to download complete update packages for each of them?

I do still encounter old systems with those old Windows versions, and once in a while I setup a box with XP when there's something I need to do that absolutely will not work with anything newer. Examples, modding a hard drive to work with an Xbox 360 or removing a password off a hard drive. I had to make an XP box just for those last week.

As new releases of WSUS Offline dropped older Windows and Office versions, I redid the previous one to only have updates for what was dropped, then had the newest version for the newer Windows and Office.

But over time there have been some further updates to older Microsoft Office and Windows, which the old versions of WSUS Offline can't download.

Time to resurrect Autopatcher's original form, and have it an all-inclusive Legacy package?

1 hour ago, bizzybody said:

I do still encounter old systems with those old Windows versions, and once in a while I setup a box with XP when there's something I need to do that absolutely will not work with anything newer.

But you don't need an "updated" XP to perform these tasks.