is it possible to install windows 7 on a acer aspire a115-31

snes1423

Usually on Acer laptops, you have to set up a BIOS password and disable secure boot. After that, the CSM / Legacy boot option should show up.

But you might have a hard time finding drivers for a Geminy Lake cpu.

There are also tools to boot windows 7 in pure UEFI mode. Check uefiseven

On 2/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, snes1423 said:

sound drivers available 

Sound is Realtek, by the looks of things, which generally have insanely good 'old OS' support...

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

On 2/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, snes1423 said:

intel uhd 600 graphics

That's basically ruled your PC out then, as far as I've searched there's no GPU drivers for your laptop that work properly. Searched around a bit for you and there's nothing I could find that was relevant. Sorry.

It's a shame because it'd have performed fine under 7, better than it would under 10 for sure.

Nice username by the way :)

Edited by Compa

3 hours ago, Compa said:

Sound is Realtek, by the looks of things, which generally have insanely good 'old OS' support...

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

That's basically ruled your PC out then, as far as I've searched there's no GPU drivers for your laptop that work properly. Searched around a bit for you and there's nothing I could find that was relevant. Sorry.

It's a shame because it'd have performed fine under 7, better than it would under 10 for sure.

Nice username by the way :)

UHD 600 drivers exist, EMMC drivers don't.