Attempting to Install Windows 7 or Later on HP Pavillion a550y

FantasyAcquiesce

I've been posting a lot today...

For testing video games on a potato PC, I must install Windows 7 or later to access steam, origin, and other modern video game clients.

The problem is my PC is not working with a Windows 7 or 10 bootable usb flash drive. I tried to boot from the flash drive, but my monitor then gives me a "no signal" screen, then loops back to the regular boot screen.

This PC is very dated and has about 768MB of ram, a Pentium 4 HT. However, Windows XP claims it has DirectX 9. Video card is a FX5100.

Any ideas to get Windows 7 on this PC would be very appreciated!

System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
System Model: D7222Z-ABA A550Y
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/19/04 13:28:07 Ver: 08.00.09

EDIT1: I tried to have the USB installation formatted as FAT32...it did not work.

EDIT2: Changing boot order did not fix anything.

EDIT3: Searching around more, I figured out that I need a bios update in order to run Windows 7...my issue here is the official HP website removed support for this model and archive.org is missing the drivers...

EDIT4: Found a copy of the BIOS here, however I know it will not be effective because it is the current version my desktop uses.

EDIT6: Got access to HP's FTP...it is very confusing to navigate.

EDIT5: Searched driverguide, drivercollection, HP's ftp won't let me access it, and xp-drivers did not provide me any luck...

Worked! Had the oddest twist: just startup Windows 7 Starter Edition in Windows XP and upgrade from there!

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce