Install not completely unattended / hang at t-12

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this thing and put together a winxppro unattend with RunOnceEx installing a number of apps.

In testing in Vmware, I get through the text mode setup fine, reboot, then at the beginning of the gui install stage, i get a dialogue box prompting me to press next to continue. If i press next, it seems to continue fine with no more prompts. Its a little strange i only get the one prompt. Just waiting for VMware to reboot so i can paste a screen shot.

Also, the gui mode install hangs at various stages t13 /t12. To troubleshoot, i'd like to see progress of svcpack.inf / hotfix installs. Can anyone tell me, what I need to do to view install progress of hotfixes / errors etc, and or whether I need to remove cmdow.exe from system32 as well?

Thanks

nmepar

ok, i've just found another post (didnt come up on search previously) but it looks like i'm missing the following in my winnt.sif (GuiUnattended):

OemSkipWelcome=1

That fixes my initial gui prompt - (well i think it should, still to test), now i need to find out how to view install progress (unattended) of hotfixes!

Thanks

Nmepar

i am not sure about svcpack.inf setups, but if you run your hotfixes with a code similar to this (through a batch file or through RunOnce):

echo Installing hotfix #1%systemdrive%\hotfixes\kb826939.exe /Q /O /N /Z >%systemdrive%\hotfix.logecho Installing hotfix #2%systemdrive%\hotfixes\kb828028.exe /Q /O /N /Z >>%systemdrive%\hotfix.log

this should give you a log called hotfix.log on your system drive, you can check the log to see if theres any errors? The only thing to remember when piping to a text file is that a single > will overwrite anything already in the file and a double >> will add onto the file (therefore, first thing to log use > everything else after use >>)

Am I correct with this? I've never had to debug my svcpack.inf installations as it always has worked good...

This is my actual svcpack.inf (I do not use a batch file like above example):

[Version]Signature="$Windows NT$"MajorVersion=5MinorVersion=1BuildNumber=2600
[setupData]CatalogSubDir="\I386\SvcPack"
[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
[setupHotfixesToRun]q330994.exe /Q:A /R:Njs56nen.exe /Q:A /R:Nmdac.cmdq823182.exe /Q /O /N /Zq824105.exe /Q /O /N /Zq824141.exe /Q /O /N /Zq825119.exe /Q /O /N /Zq826939.exe /Q /O /N /Zq828028.exe /Q /O /N /Zq828035.exe /Q /O /N /Zq828741.exe /Q /O /N /Zq831167.exe /Q:A /R:Nq832894.exe /Q:A /R:Nq835732.exe /Q /O /N /Zq837001.exe /Q /O /N /Zq837009.exe /Q:A /R:NWMP9MM2.exeq828026.exe /Q /O /N /Zqchain.exeDX9NTopk.exe