Sil SATA controllers (3x12, 3x14) and W-98 compatibility?

Nomen

I used to stay on top of this but that was a while ago.  I'd like to pick up a few PCI sata controller cards and was wondering which of these now have working win-98 drivers and which ones don't.  I seem to recall that the only working controllers were the 2-port 3112 cards, not the 4-port cards and not the 351x cards, but maybe I'm wrong on that.  And is there now a public-domain RLoew sata driver that works with these Sil controllers?

I was sort of expecting more activity in this thread, but a lot of the old timers must be gone.  I was expecting someone to say something about what (if anything) is going on with the RLoew files (in general) or the sata drivers in particular - but nothing.  Or is that happening in the special projects sub-forum? 

I've been experiencing problems (freeze-ups when accessing SATA drives) with my current setup and I'm exploring alternate solutions for connecting SATA drives to my primary Win-98 system.  I have a bunch of SATA driver files scattered across various drives and might have to pull them all together and start experimenting again.  I picked up a couple of 4-port SIL3514 boards (2-port SIL3112 boards are hard to find, even 2-port SIL3512 are hard to find) and will mess around with them at some point.  I also have some small converter boards that I'll post about in my next post.

Well, there is an official drivers which works excellent, no need for R.Loew drivers except if your plan is to use hdd/ssd drives greater than 127GB.

I have an ssd drives (120GB) in my 9x configurations, some of them attached to SIL3512 years before Rloew's drivers become open source.

The freeze issue occurs if there is some PATA hard drive is attached to on-board IDE connector...