showing optical drive on windows 10 navigation pane, without the "show all folders" option

cov3rt

i was wondering if there is a way of showing the installed optical drives on the windows 10 file explorer, without having the "show all folders" option checked for navigation pane? reason being of course, is when enabling show all folders, it gives several other folders that i don't want there, which includes recycle bin, control panel, another desktop section when there already is one under "this pc" with the username and libraries folder as folders. there is also some other tinkering that would be completely removing libraries, although i have not googled that as much to see if that really can be done. i think i tried doing something similar many years back with windows 7, but it ended up creating more problems and / or improper functioning, of course, it'd be nice, because i really dont see what the point is in libraries anyways. although, the issue(s) im having may not necessarily require removing libraries specifically, but i was wondering how i could remove the top default 6 or so folders that show when clicking "this pc". 

Edited by cov3rt

You can remove a library from the navigation pane in Windows 10, following this methods.

Right-click the desired library in the navigation pane and select "Don't show in navigation pane" in the context menu.

Uncheck the box Shown in navigation pane box in the library properties dialog.

click on the Show in navigation pane button in the Ribbon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 3:09 PM, Raniyah said:

You can remove a library from the navigation pane in Windows 10, following this methods.

Right-click the desired library in the navigation pane and select "Don't show in navigation pane" in the context menu.

Uncheck the box Shown in navigation pane box in the library properties dialog. happy wheels

click on the Show in navigation pane button in the Ribbon.

Nice. That's what I was thinking too..... but I'm not very experienced lol.

Edited by martishipley