GuiRunOnce or RunOnceEX?

xracer

Which would be best for use with XPC and how is it integrated into it? Examples?

There are certain applications I'd like to run silent during install, and in the case of Adobe 6 reader, it won't install at T13 (says XP must complete first).

Please be patient, noob behind wheel, but making progress. :)

I would say it is a matter of personal esthetic preference: both can accomplish the same installation results. RunOnceEx looks prettier, GuiRunOnce is simpler. I use RunOnceEx, as I have it all automated. If I were to do it by hand, I would certainly consider GuiRunOnce. My two cents ...

I can do complete installs without any issues now (not sure about the hotfixes), except that I can't seem to get any programs to install. My reg tweak is I think, but it seems to just skip over the program install. I only tried one to keep it simple.

Edit: I tried again with another program, but didn't install either. They are in the

C:\Install\Applications folder, so at least that's working right. Should they be extracted first?

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "ZoneAlarm" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ZoneAlarm\zlssetup_45_594_000.exe /s /noreboot /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Importing Registry Tweaks" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\!SafeProAllstart.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

bump

Sorry, just trying to resolve this last issue as I can't seem to find the problem.

I can do complete installs without any issues now (not sure about the hotfixes), except that I can't seem to get any programs to install. It seems to just skip over the program install even though the install message pops up and looks like it's going to work. I only tried one app and reg tweak to keep it simple.

Edit: I tried again with another program, but didn't install either. They are in the

C:\Install\Applications folder after the OS is installed, so at least that's working right. Should they be extracted first?

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "ZoneAlarm" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ZoneAlarm\zlssetup_45_594_000.exe /s /noreboot /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Importing Registry Tweaks" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\!SafeProAllstart.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

You forgot to close it off with quotations like every other REG ADD entry you have.

"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\ZoneAlarm\zlssetup_45_594_000.exe /s /noreboot" /f

You forgot to close it off with quotations like every other REG ADD entry you have.
"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\ZoneAlarm\zlssetup_45_594_000.exe /s /noreboot" /f

:)

noobs.....thanks, I didn't notice that....nothing like cut and paste mistakes.