Something wrong with my sound

hansen_dk

Hey guys :D

I'm having serious trouble here, so I hope someone can help me.

I just installed at coupple of games the other day, I'm usually not much of a gamer, but what the heck, sometimes it cool to get a little distance :)

Anyway, I installed TOCA Race Driver and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. But when I'm playing it sometimes gets REALLY noisy! I have no clue what is causing it but it sure does sound pretty bad.

I dont even know how to describe this sound it's making, but I guess I'm gonna try to anyway. The sound is terrible, it's very loud, and it basicly sounds like your computer is d e a d. However, the sound is not constant, it just comes someting like out of the blue!

My specs are :

Albatros 128 MB GeForce 4 AGP x8

Creative SoundBlaster Live!

.. Any thing else you should know?

Please help help :rolleyes:

Update your sound drivers, as they could be corrupt or not compatable with newer games. To download updated sound drivers, visit Creative.com. Also, the wires to your speaker could be damaged, and causing those weird noises. Check the connections to make sure everything is plugged in tightly. :)

Thanks for the advice Datalore. Though I have installed the new drivers, and checked my cables :)

But I think I found out what has been causing the problem, at least it is fixed now.

Hardware Acceleration was setup to Full Acceleration, and it had to be taken down to Basic Acceleration, doing this fixed the problem. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

so you have stopped the card's hardware being used, you have not fixed the problem, just offloaded all the sound processing onto the CPU instead.

check the cards not having an IRQ conflict, if it's sharing with the video card, that should be the problem. also make sure said card isn't dusty, a bit of conductive fluff can cause all sorts of problems :)