XP trouble

dancity

Lately i have been having trouble with Windows XP professional on my computer. I use XP to do image editing and manipulation and college work and chat on MSN and browse the net.

Lately though when i seem to be doing any of those or nothing at all, the computer starts to jag like hell.

When Im on the intnernet (dial up) on for more then 2 hours, it starts freezing up and the internet crashes, not only that my desktop completly freezes.

I dunno whether its Memory issue or a hard drive issue. I was hoping someone could tell me what i should do?

Just so you know i run Xp on my 60G had drive, and i have a 10G hard drive which was originally going to be for linux but ill be using that for documents and web sites and stuff.

Any clue on what i should do? As my computer is really getting on my nerves... :)

Lately i have been having trouble with Windows XP professional on my computer.  I use XP to do image editing and manipulation and college work and chat on MSN and browse the net.

Lately though when i seem to be doing any of those or nothing at all, the computer starts to jag like hell.

When Im on the intnernet (dial up) on for more then 2 hours, it starts freezing up and the internet crashes, not only that my desktop completly freezes.

I dunno whether its  Memory issue or a hard drive issue. I was hoping someone could tell me what i should do?

Just so you know i run Xp on my 60G had drive, and i have a 10G hard drive which was originally going to be for linux but ill be using that for documents and web sites and stuff.

Any clue on what i should do? As my computer is really getting on my nerves... :)

1) first of all you must install latest update i.e windows xp serviced pack 1

2) secondly remove the nasty and system resource wasteful efffects of windows xp

by this start > settings > control panel > system <> advanced tab you shall locate three buttons .

3) Locate the performance heading dialog box click on that button , select effects

performance options > select adjust my computer for best performance.

4) finallly run windows update.

@msbhi22

he did say he kept his Windows up to date. And considering Sp1 is over a year old, he shoud have it if he's up to date like he says.

As for why Windows is buggin down, you may want to run a virusscan/remove adware/spyware, and a defrag if your so inclined.

@msbhi22

he did say he kept his Windows up to date. And considering Sp1 is over a year old, he shoud have it if he's up to date like he says.

As for why Windows is buggin down, you may want to run a virusscan/remove adware/spyware, and a defrag if your so inclined.

thats the thing i cant run nortons because internet explorer has somehow disabled it. It wont load any virus scan what so ever. Dunno how, though but all i know is that Internet explorer is partly responsible for this new problem i got.