Set as Background option missing

Qba73

Usually when you right click on a jpeg it gives you an option to "set as background",...well it used to be there now its gone..how can i get it back?

thx in advance

i am assuming that you are using Internet Explorer...

This can't happen by itself tho.. it may only happen if you hacked any of the dll's critical for Internet explorer's operation..

I can't think anything other than that pretty weird :)

ohh.. now i see what you mean...

what you need to do to fix that is, right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > under "Performance" click Settings > check the box next to "Use Common Tasks in folders" then click OK and OK again.. now it should be back..

:)

hope i helped,

Blackwar

Blackwar..still no go :)

the **** option used to be there..i used to go to the folder open the pic and rtclick and the option was there and now its not..even tried the tweakui to look for the option...seems to have disappeared when i installed office xp, one of the sub installations was microsoft photo viewer...maybe that had something to do with it...ps thanks for taking the time.

oh wait.. i think you remember a little incorrectly, there is no option to set as a background when you just the file name

You get the option to set it as a background once you open the file and then right click on the image from there..

I mean at least i don't get an option to set it as a background when i right click on an image.. I do after i open the image and right click on it in "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer"

Hope this helps :)

Blackwar

Hey QBA - I think you identified the problem - maybe you just didn't know it. When you open the JPG image - does it open in MS Photo Editor? The "Set As Background" option is not there. BUT -- if you right click and choose Open With --> then choose Internet Explorer .... then right Click the image, the Set As Background option should be there. Maybe I misunderstood, but I think that will get you where you want to be.......

:)

LS