missing files :(

When windows is installing Clone CD I get an error about framedyn.dll missing, but it installs anyway....

Everytime the computer boots up I get an error about rundll32.exe not being able to execute because framedyn.dll is missing, press OK then another box comes up saying missing file srclient.dll...

I checked the registry and sure enough in the Run section there is a "RunDll32.exe srclient.dll" entry there...

i've disabled the startup option for rundll32.exe, but i shouldn't get any erros at all? does this mean something is stuffed? will it still work? :)

I used gosh's guide of slimming down the source and I have added the following into the disk (try remember all of it):

Slipstreamed it to Service Pack 1A

Svcpack.inf

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=2600

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\I386\SvcPack"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
KB826939.cat

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
q819696.exe /Q /O /N /Z
q823182.exe /Q /O /N /Z
q824105.exe /Q /O /N /Z
q824141.exe /Q /O /N /Z
q825119.exe /Q /O /N /Z
q828028.exe /Q /O /N /Z
q828035.exe /Q /O /N /Z
js56nen.exe /Q:A /R:N
q330994.exe /Q:A /R:N
q832894.exe /Q:A /R:N
start /wait mdac.cmd
q826939.exe /Q /C:"datahotfix /Q /O /N /Z"
WMP9MM2.exe
q828026.exe /Q /O /N /Z
qchain.exe
DX9NTopk.exe

apps.cmd installs (in this order):

Ad-Aware 6.181 personal

WinRAR 3.20

Nero 6.3.1.6 ultra

acrobat reader 6.01

k-lite codec pack 2.25 full

winamp 5.0.3a

power dvd 5 trial

clone cd 4.3.2.2

cdex 1.50

daemon tools 3.44

iso buster 1.5

Tweak UI powertoy 2.10.0

folding@home v4 WINFAH

registry tweaks

i've double checked my cd source folders, and both files are in I386 folder

framedyn.dl_

srclient.dl_

I think they are both SP1a files? I know srclient.dl_ comes with service pack 1

what could cause them to not copy?

maybe my svcpack.inf is overwriting them somehow?

Can't help with the framedyn.dl_ problem, but this was common from improper use of jdeboeck's batch files to slim down the size.

I noticed some errors in your svcpack.inf file:

start /wait mdac.cmd <-- start /wait isn't necessary

q826939.exe /Q /C:"datahotfix /Q /O /N /Z" <-- not the MDAC hotfix. It should be just q826939.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB826939.cat <-- isn't needed if you're not slipstreaming the update rollup.

i didn't say before but that framedyn.dll error I am getting that at the 13 minute mark of gui mode setup too, when it installs the Media player 9 and Movie maker 2 unattend bundle... it says that setup_wm.exe cannot start because framedyn.dll are missing....

since i wrote the original post i tried adding framedyn.dll and srclient.dll to the DOSNET.INF force driver cab copy section at the bottom... same results...

oh i forgot to mention im slipstreaming the rollup update sorry :/

q826939.exe /Q /C:"datahotfix /Q /O /N /Z" <-- not the MDAC hotfix. It should be just q826939.exe /Q /O /N /Z

Since i have slipstreamed the rollup update, does this line still need to be there anyway? Maybe this is part of the problem i dunno...

I had problems with it asking which directory it was going to extract to, during gui mode setup, is why it looks the way it does for the command switches

i didn't use batch files to slim down the size, i used gosh's guide of winnt32.exe /noreboot and grabbing the install files off the drive... the only batch files i have run are from eldergeek.com the ones for updating the I386 files for the rollup update

dosnet.inf is only the windows part of install. TXTSetup.sif controls the actual textmode part of the file copy, which is where filecopy errors would be. If framedyn and so are not in txtsetup.sif they are not copied.