Question about ports.

BradBo

How do you manage ports.I am trying to do some online gaming and am having a heck of a time hooking up.

On the help link they talk about ports that need to be opened.

How do I view, open and close my ports.

I have Windows XP.

If you're using a router, then you need to configure the ports via telnet to your router, or use its own graphical user interface. If you're on a direct connection to the internet then you don't need to configure anything unless your firewall is blocking ports by default.

i don't think you can manipulate them, but how you view which of your ports are in use is, you go to Start > Run > type in cmd , and then in the command prompt, type this " netstat -a " (without the quotes)

and it should show all current connections :)

Blackwar

Your windows xp firewall could also be blocking it, this is how to disable it:

Goto Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>Right click on your network connection>Properties>Advanced>remove checkmark from Internet Connection firewall

i would recomend you run a firewall however, try kerio

http://www.kerio.com

its free for home use, very good and easy to use, windows XP's firewall isnt very configurable unless you are used to more complicated firewalls, i have no idea why they shipped it with such a non user friendly interface and setup.

the game sounds like Dungeon siege, as thats what you see on the main info page when you go online with it, am i right? others say the same thing obviously, its just dungeon siege makes a point of putting the information right where you can see it.