Various Problems XP

golfer

:) I have recently upgraded my PC and included XP on the upgrade. I have down loaded all of the updates from microsoft and now have these problems:

1. Outlook express has lost a number of Local folders.

2. Championship manager closed down the PC when activated

3, DirectX diagnostics page gives a message of problems with directshow and then closes down the pc.

I was running all of this software except Directx9b on my old windows ME system with no problems.

Help!!

Upgrading from any operating system to another is not recommended, especially when we're talking about ME. Try downloading updated drivers for your graphics card (note, they are not always detected by Windows update, so installing them separately is sometimes a good idea).

Not only ME, for Win98 also will have lots of funny problem. I've ever met one: win98 upgrade to winxp home. installed office xp then create new user, however the new user unable to use office xp. Only computer administrator got office xp.

:)

Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X speed

I have downloaded the latest driver from NVIDIA which make it compatable with DirectX9.0 but the problem still persists.

It also closes down when running Norton Anti virus. Stopping in the Windows/Options/install folder.

Any7 other ideas?