Windows XP's Wireless Zero Configurator on Windows 2000

MrMaguire

If you want to use Wi-Fi on Windows 2000, you have to use the configurator that comes bundled with your driver, like Intel PRO/Set for example. Trouble is, these configurators aren't always great, and seem to overcomplicate simple things, like having the system connected to its appropriate network by the time it reaches the logon screen at startup.

I would like to be able to use the Wireless Zero configurator from Windows XP on Windows 2000. I'm not really sure where to start, but I think at least two services (Wireless Zero Configuration and NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol) need to be installed on Windows 2000 and probably some system files too.

Has anyone else tried this before? A Google search didn't return anything related.

I use Wi-fi on windows 2000.  What exactly is the problem.  I istalled the Intel Pro Set drivers and the local area connection Icon appears at the bottom right.  Is what you are asking pertaining to the security settings and the lack of WPA2?

There is no problem, other than the fact that Microsoft never bothered to implement any proper Wi-Fi configurator into Windows 2000. That's what I want to do. I've used Intel PRO/Set before on Windows 2000, and it has worked, but I just think it'll be a more pleasant and convenient experience with the software built into Windows.

What doesn't support WPA2?