any windows 3.11 gurus kickin around?

supernova777

On 1/29/2023 at 11:20 PM, awkduck said:

Update, if you've read this far along. shelby is now able to connect. The issue was the unusual comment character used in "WATTCP.CFG". In Windows' INI files ";" is used as a comment/ignore character. Wattcp uses the Unix comment character "#".

A comment character was blocking a configuration option from being read.

But, the guidance about firewalls, involving VirtualBox generated I.P.s, is probably incorrect information. I have not used VirtualBox for much networking, and didn't understand its networking design. In the NAT configuration, all assigned I.P.s are handled internally. Outside of VirtualBox, any firewall just needs to allow VirtualBox network/internet access.

I probably should have assumed this is how VirtualBox worked, as the setting is called NAT. I was distracted, by my comparative testing using a real machine. !No excuse! :)

i will now try a similar feat. i hope this works for me, after 2 weeks of trying that would be nice.

only difference is that i am doing it in utm on an ipad (witch is based on qemu) and that i can access the internet in my normal browsers to connect to the old web.

just the dos browsers wont connect. (i was using micro web)

later i will install dillo and the other recommendations to see if i can make it work with them.