New Problems with Google Chrome

tlcmd

My computer is a 1 year old reconditioned HP which came with Windows 7. The computer is running a 64 bit OS and programs. Google Chrome worked properly until 3 weeks ago when after Microsoft and Google updates were automatically installed, I began having problems, especially with Outlook.com on Google Chrome only!

The problems:

The Print and copy functions failed followed at that time followed 2 days ago by a fading and distortion of the monitor screen to the point where I thought my 1 1/2 year old LED monitor was failing. But once I uninstalled Google Chrome, all these problems were resolved and currently I am using IE11.0 without any problems and the computer works fine in all other ways.

I did re-install Google Chrome and the same problems returned. 

It appears per the Google Chrome 2014 installation page that this version of Google Chrome is incompatible with Windows 7 64 bit professional.

Google Chrome is my preferred browser, so any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

tlcmd

Welcome to the world of automagical updates.

Maybe you could do with some other version of Chromium derived browser (without the autoupdate), though I doubt that:

It appears per the Google Chrome 2014 installation page that this version of Google Chrome is incompatible with Windows 7 64 bit professional.

I mean, Windows 7 64 bit (not necessarily the "Professional" edition)  is probably now representing 25% or more of installed OS's, while it is very possible that either MS or Google have botched your system through an update, I doubt that currently this incompatibility exists "by design" :unsure:

Do you have a link to this page?

jaclaz