changing the default keyboard language for all users via command line

Hi

I am hoping someone here can help me. I have 3 keyboard languages installed in my labs,

En-English (United States)

Fr-French (Canada)

En-English (Canada)

I'd like to make the Fr-French (Canada) the default keyboard language for all users that login I have tried the following xml but it's not working. I do not see the problem any help would be appreciated.

I tried to run it by doing this

control intl.cpl,, /f:"FR-DefaultKeyboard.xml"

The following code below is called FR-DefaultKeyboard.xml.

<gs:GlobalizationServices xmlns:gs="urn:longhornGlobalizationUnattend"> <!--User List--><gs:UserList><gs:User UserID="Current"/></gs:UserList> <!--User Locale--><gs:UserLocale><gs:Locale Name="FR-CA" SetAsCurrent="true"/></gs:UserLocale> </gs:GlobalizationServices>

Ah you don't change the locale that way. You use InputLanguageID and the locale value you would use in the unattend. I posted a sample XML file in this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163588-keyboard-language-problem/?p=1046249

<gs:GlobalizationServices xmlns:gs="urn:longhornGlobalizationUnattend">   <gs:UserList>   <gs:User UserID="Current" CopySettingsToDefaultUserAcct="true" CopySettingsToSystemAcct="true"/>   </gs:UserList>   <gs:InputPreferences>   <gs:InputLanguageID Action="add" ID="1009:00001009" Default="true"/>   </gs:GlobalizationServices>

Would this work?, all I want to do is basically set French (Canada) as the default Keyboard for all users, it's already installed, so do I really need Action="add" ?

Yeah you need add. But you also need to handle your default language. In my example, my Windows is En-US, so I have to put the English line in there too. So basically English (the first "add" in my code) is first and set true, then the others are added too but false. I think you can change the true/false as you want. Just try it out on a test system before sticking it in your imaging process, that's what I did.

Yeah you need add. But you also need to handle your default language. In my example, my Windows is En-US, so I have to put the English line in there too. So basically English (the first "add" in my code) is first and set true, then the others are added too but false. I think you can change the true/false as you want. Just try it out on a test system before sticking it in your imaging process, that's what I did.

thanks man you been very hepful to me over the years

<gs:GlobalizationServices xmlns:gs="urn:longhornGlobalizationUnattend">   <gs:UserList>   <gs:User UserID="Current" CopySettingsToDefaultUserAcct="true" CopySettingsToSystemAcct="true"/>   </gs:UserList>   <gs:InputPreferences>   <!--English US EN-->   <gs:InputLanguageID Action="add" ID="0409:00000409" Default="false"/>   <!--French CA CA FR-->   <gs:InputLanguageID Action="add" ID="0c0c:00000c0c" Default="true"/>   <!--English CA EN-->   <gs:InputLanguageID Action="add" ID="1009:00001009" Default="false"/>   </gs:InputPreferences>   </gs:GlobalizationServices>

this worked.